A blog for young adult book lovers

Book Blogger Confessions #9


Here's what it's all about: "Started in January 2012, by Karen - For What It's Worth & Tiger - Tiger's All Consuming Media & now co-hosted with my good friend Pam from Midnyte reader, Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions.

Just keep it respectful - no bashing authors or other bloggers!"

August 1st Topic: Vlogging. Have you ever vlogged (video blogging)? Why or why not? What do think makes for an interesting vlog? How does a book review vlog compare to a written review in your opinion? What are few of your favorite book review/author vlogs? (Source: Amy Bookworm)
I have (sadly) never vlogged. I think I've always been to shy or embarrassed (what if someone walked in while I was filming!?). Plus, since none of my friends (or enemies) read, I'm always afraid that they'll somehow stumble upon a video of mine and judge me for it. 
The judgement...I feel it. 
Although I would seriously love to try it. I would just need to figure out how to get comfortable in front of a camera and also how to edit. 
I have look for two things in vlogs. I either like really funny and out there/crazy vlogging (like: https://www.youtube.com/user/polandbananasBOOKS) or really calm and collected vloggers (like: https://www.youtube.com/user/rinceyreads). Or somewhere in the middle! (Like: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChapterChicks)
Okay so I've debated the whole vlog review vs. written review and I go back and forth. Obviously it takes a lot of time to edit and film a video, but it also takes a lot of thought and time to put together a blog post. I've always felt that with written reviews you have to really know what to say and write and make a good post unlike videos where you can be like "So yeah, this book was good. Um it was about blah blah blah..." Sometimes I think "wow, us bloggers work a lot harder than vloggers" but that's not true if you think about all the lighting, filming, editing, etc. that vloggers have to think about and put up with. While we just sit in the dark, and type to our little hearts content.
I've shared a few of my favorites above but I also like:




2 comments:

  1. I totally messed up and said August 1st on the topic reminder post instead of the first MONDAY which is the 5th. SORRY!

    I hope you will link it up then. I'm on a tour today and can't bump that post.

    As to the topic - I would think ( i have never watched a blog review) that they might be faster than a possibly rambling review but then on the other hand I guess someone could go on and on but I would probably stop watching at that point lol

    I'm way too afraid and shy to do one myself.


    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, at least for me...I do sit in the dark and write to my little heart's content. Vlogging was kind of hard, b/c I'm not that great at editing. I may try it again. It was weird for me, because I'm so private, but in a way it was also freeing. I'm going to check out the links you posted.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena