A blog for young adult book lovers

Throwback Thursday (1)

Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)
Yay a new meme! Here's what it's all about: Welcome to Throwback Thursday!!! In this weekly post I will be mentioning some books from the past that are near and dear to my heart! The purpose is not to do a FULL review, but just tell you a little about the book itself and some little tidbits I loved about it :)

This is put on by Crystal over at Crystal in Bookland! So go check it out and join in the fun!

Anyways the book I chose for this week is: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.

Synopsis from Goodreads: Twelve-year-old Meggie learns that her father, who repairs and binds books for a living, can "read" fictional characters to life when one of those characters abducts them and tries to force him into service.

First published: September 1st, 2003

Characters from books literally leap off the page in this engrossing fantasy. Meggie has had her father to herself since her mother went away when she was young. Mo taught her to read when she was five, and the two share a mutual love of books. He can "read" characters out of books. When she was three, he read aloud from a book called Inkheart and released characters into the real world. At the same time, Meggie's mother disappeared into the story. This "story within a story" will delight not just fantasy fans, but all readers who like an exciting plot with larger-than-life characters.

I think the last time I read this was wayyyy back in 3rd or 4th grade. I think I flew through the novel in like 2 days. It just totally fascinated me the entire world and the whole idea (of course when I found out there was another one coming out I became even more excited! And then a third one! I could not contain my excitement. Mind you this was before I was on Goodreads and I had to find out all these releases through Borders. *Borders may you rest in peace*)

Basically, the story follows Meggie and her father Mo, and their adventures with a band of characters that are, literally, straight from a storybook. I can't spoil too much if you haven't read this but it is such a fantastic story, and I think it gets overlooked a lot because it's considered "middle grade". But hey, so is Percy Jackson...!

As I was saying; the Inkheart trilogy is so amazing even after 10 years of publication. Check it out! If you love fantasy and books and a tiny itty bitty smidge of romance then you should totally 100% check this out. And plus Cornelia Funke is not only an awesome writer but an amazing public speakers (I once saw her at a Young Adult panel at the LA Times Book Festival).

I'll be reading it again starting tomorrow for the End of Summer Read-A-Thon too! Join me!

Haha! Thanks Crystal for starting this meme!
See you soon!

1 comments:

  1. I have heard of this book! I have yet to read it though :( Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena