A blog for young adult book lovers

Love? Maybe. by Heather Helper

Love? Maybe.
Synopsis from Goodreads Just because Piper's birthday is on Valentine's Day does not mean she's a romantic. In fact, after watching her father and then her stepfather leave, she's pretty sure she doesn't believe in love at all. Then her friends concoct a plan to find them all Valentine's dates, and somehow Piper finds herself with the most popular guy in school. But true love never follows a plan, and a string of heartfelt gifts from a secret admirer has Piper wondering if she might be with the wrong guy.

In this heartwarming romance, true love is more than a maybe - and it might be closer than you think.
Number of pages: 288
My review: This book was so cute! Piper, our main character, is a no nonsense hardworking young girl who, although sometimes a little ditzy and clueless, was an awesome character to read about. She works in a chocolate shop (cue me getting hungry and having insane cravings for chocolate every few pages) and is a girl who hates Valentine's Day. Since I also hate Valentine's Day I absolutely loved this fact about her.
Her friends, Claire and Jillian, were sort too wishy-washy for me. One minute I liked them and they were being cool and supporting her, but then the next they would get all mysterious and I had no idea why. And nothing was really explained in the end.
The whole story line was a little blah and a little predictable for me so that's really why I gave it a four. I just couldn't feel the connection with Piper and her love interest and it just seemed a little far fetched that I was kinda doubting the end of the book.
However, the story was adorable and it was a quick read with very simplistic writing that boosted the score up for me and this book reminded me of stuff I would read when I was in my Freshman year of high school. All that hope, but slight cynicism, and of course a romance! Not to mention boys fighting over girls, lot's of homework, texting, and general teenage girl behaivor. It was very innocent but very not too, since the book touched on other subjects such as Piper's mother going through two divorces. Yikes. But Piper, being the outspoken girl she is, does not shy away from expressing her feelings about anything from candy to crushes. I loved that!
Plus I just love that name, Piper. So cute!
See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena