A blog for young adult book lovers

The 100 by Kass Morgan

The 100 (The Hundred, #1)
Synopsis from Goodreads: In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.
Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.



Publication Date: September 3rd, 2013
Number of pages: 277
My review: Hmmm. Lot's of conflicting emotions over this book. For the first 100 (no pun intended) pages I was bored with the story. But after that things really started to get rolling.
I also had some problems with a few other things, namely; too many switching viewpoints between characters. I was so confused as to who was who, and only started to really grasp it towards the middle/end of the book. But maybe that's my own incompetence.
Also, the names of the characters were all weird so this sort of aided in the not knowing who is who debacle.
Another thing I wasn't a fan of was the fact that there was constantly the switching between present day and then events from the past. I felt it just made everything more confusing. However, I understand and appreciate why it was written that way. There adds more mystery and more for the reader to keep guessing over until the end of the book. Which brings me to my next point...
The ending! What the heck! Such a cliffhanger! I want to know what happens next right now and the book hasn't even been published yet! So unfair.
There were some things I did like though! These include:
Clarke. She is such a badass and is definitely one of my all-time favorite characters. She's so smart! You don't find that very often in YA fiction, and she does what she wants. When her man treats her like crap she has no problem saying "see ya" and doing her own thing for awhile.
Also, I love the premise of the story. Just awesome. And the romance? Hello, love that!
After the staring at the cover for awhile though I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I like it, but then again I don't. Maybe it's the white background.
Anyways, if you're a fan of Across the Universe by Beth Revis then I would definitely recommend this. And give the book a chance it gets so much better towards the middle/end.
See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena