A blog for young adult book lovers

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Synopsis from Goodreads: Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

In Catching Fire, the second novel in the Hunger Games trilogy, Suzanne Collins continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, testing her more than ever before...and surprising readers at every turn.

Number of pages: 391
My review: Gosh this book was so much better than the first one. In The Hunger Games, it felt so slow to me, and I didn't like Katniss' character at all but she's definitely matured and has become more sensible.
I liked that there was more focus on the rebellion and uprisings in the districts other than just the games themselves. Plus, we didn't have to go through all these introductions with the characters and the world and how everything worked within this society.
That being said though, I still believe there is still way too much hype around these books and that kind of puts me off from liking this series 100%.
I'm excited to read the next book though. Even though I've heard that it's the worst of the three. But we'll just have to wait and see on that. And I swear if they go into the Games one more time I'm going to explode. Sure, it's interesting to read about but I think now we should just focus on the rebellion and fixing this really really messed up society.
I think I sort of mentioned this in my review of the first book, but I wish there was still more history about as to why their society turned out the way it did. It's all very general, and I would be extremely interested in knowing just a bit more history about Panem and the surrounding districts. But, alas, I guess that's not going to happen. 
Overall though, it's so far my favorite book out of the series and I'm anxious to read the next one to see what happens. Plus, I'm wary as to how the movie will turn out for this one. Because with The Hunger Games I actually liked the movie more than the book (even though a lot of stuff was left out) so we'll see how the movie industry does with this one. The trailers look awesome though!
See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena