A blog for young adult book lovers

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon Goals & Updates

Bout of Books
 The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team




Eeep! I'm so excited! This will be the first Bout of Books Read-A-Thon I'm participating in, and since the last Read-A-Thon I did went to so well, I decided to take a shot at another one. 

Anyways, I plan on trying to read at least 5 books and of course participate in tons of Twitter and commenting shenanigans. Not sure if it counts for the challenge but I will be trying to finish up one book too. The books I'll most likely read are:
(This is the book I will be finishing)
            


Bennett & Camilla: The Playboy Prince\Cordina's Crown Jewel   The MacGregor Grooms


Throughout the week I'll also be posting updates and thoughts throughout the week. Are you participating in this read-a-thon? Leave a link to what you'll be reading below and I'll come check it out!

Monday
Books finished: The 100 by Kass Morgan
Pages read (total): 277
Comments: I definitely need to cut down on distractions and really focus on my reading!


Tuesday
Books finished: The 100 by Kass Morgan
Pages read (total): 377 (from the Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough)
Comments: Didn't have much time to read today, I need to FOCUS!


Wednesday
Books finished: The 100 by Kass Morgan
Pages read (total): 505
Comments: Almost done with The Thorn Birds. Will probably finish that one and one other book tomorrow.


Thursday
Books finished: The 100 by Kass Morgan and The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
Pages read (total): 861
Comments: Finished The Thorn Birds today yay! Also decided to switch out reading The Comet's Curse by Dom Testa, for The MacGregor Grooms by Nora Roberts (I have to read this one for a feminist class I'm taking in college).


Friday
Books finished:The 100 by Kass MorganThe Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough, and The MacGregor Grooms by Nora Roberts
Pages read (total): 1,139
Comments: Yay finished another book today! Can't wait to start another tomorrow!


Saturday
Books finished: The 100 by Kass Morgan, The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough, and The MacGregor Grooms by Nora Roberts
Pages read (total): 1,189
Comments: I have decided to replace the Victoria Foyt book with the Nora Roberts book. Only managed 50 pages today but hopefully I'll finish another tomorrow!


Sunday
Books finished: The 100 by Kass Morgan, The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough, and The MacGregor Grooms by Nora Roberts
Pages read (total): 1, 239
Comments: Well it looks like I only managed to finish 3 books but I read more than a thousand pages which is super cool! Only managed to squeeze in 50 pages from the other Nora Roberts book. Can't wait to do this again though!


See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How was The 100?!?! That is one of my highly anticipated books for this fall!

    And hey! You have a long week ahead! Plenty of time to focus! Keep reading strong! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I've heard really good things about The Thorn Birds. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo, Hallo! :) :)

    I've visiting more of the Bout'er blogs, too!! :) :) I wanted to swing back and check to see if you were going to post your reflections for The Thorn Birds!? I actually have another of the author's books slated to read once I finish "Pride & Prejudice" for Austen in August (clearly I overcommitted myself this month, with the Bout going on right now too!) -- which is The Independance of Mary Bennett. Have you read others' by her, or just this one!? I always heard about the Thorn Birds from my Mum, but never had the chance to read!

    Did you enjoy it!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started off really focused and have wandered off into ditherland! It's nice to have a little break from reading now and then though.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena