A blog for young adult book lovers

Author Interview with Rachel Amphlett

Hey everyone! This is my first author interview! Huge thanks to Rachel Amphlett for answering my questions and agreeing to be apart of this. Also, big thanks to @FeedMyReads on Twitter for setting this up. Let's get started:

For people who don't know you can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

PictureI’m originally from the UK and moved to Brisbane, Australia eight years ago. In the past I’ve played guitar in bands, worked as a broadcast assistant with BBC Radio, been a TV/film extra, worked in publishing and helped run a pub in the English countryside. Not all at the same time.

What inspired you to first start writing?
I’ve always had a very good imagination so I guess it was a natural progression from that – I enjoy telling stories. I have a thirst for learning so I’m always reading newspaper articles and a lot of those inspire new ideas for stories too.

What is the name of your most recent book? Can you give us a short description?
Under Fire follows explosives expert Dan Taylor as he tries to prevent a terrorist attack on the UK’s gas supplies during the worst winter on record before innocent lives are lost

What is your all-time favorite book?
I always say Jack Higgins’ The Eagle Has Landed because I first read my Grandad’s copy when I was about 12 or 13 and that got me hooked on the thriller genre.  I read it again earlier this year knowing that I’d probably get asked this question and it’s still a great read.

Do you prefer ebooks or physical copies?
Both – eBooks are great to try out new authors, or read books where the author hasn’t published in paperback, but I love physical copies – I have hundreds!

Do you ever write in your PJ's?
No – I don’t own PJs.

Anything else you would like to share?

PAPERBACK:
Picture





EBOOK





You can get in touch with me via

Facebook: Rachel Amphlett - author

Hope you enjoyed!
See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena