A blog for young adult book lovers

The Crimson Thread by Suzanne Weyn

book cover of 
The Crimson Thread 
by
Suzanne Weyn
Read a synopsis here!
How much it cost me: $3.50 (bought at used bookstore!)
Retail price: $7.00
Number of pages: 207
I think this is my favorite book in the Once Upon a Time series, but I can't totally confirm that because this is only the second one I've ever read! (My first one was Snow by Tracy Lynn and that one was really good too! Here's a whole list of the series.) I plowed through this one in only a few hours because it was such easy reading and the story was so captivating.
I really felt for the characters and all the hardships they went through. It was very sad at times to read about how they had to live their lives. (Most of the characters were Irish immigrants who had just come to America in search for the "American Dream") I guess I had to relate to them though because my great great grandparents were Irish immigrants too.
Anyways, the setting, characters, and plot were all so well developed! I could actually see and feel 19th century America and there were a lot of characters that I loved to hate too. The ending of this book (the last 20 or so pages) were by far my favorite. I love how the story flowed together at the end and concluded. It was very....I'm speechless! Read it and tell me what you think! :)
Overall, I would give this book a Paige-Turn and I can't wait to read the next Once Upon a Time book that I bought! (The Night Dance by Suzanne Weyn; I'm reading it right now so expect a review soon!)
Hope you enjoyed!
-Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena