A blog for young adult book lovers

Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky

Anatomy of a Boyfriend (Anatomy, #1)Synopsis from Goodreads: Before this all happened, the closest I'd ever come to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it's not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone my body.

Then I met Wes, a track star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn't believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeing—and touching—parts of the body I'd only read about in my Gray's Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced a lot of firsts together that spring. It was scary. It was fun. It was love.

And then came the fall. 

An unflinching account of love, sex, and heartbreak—this generation's answer to Judy Blume's Forever.



Number of pages: 259
My review: I literally finished this book in 3 hours. Not even kidding.
I think what I loved most about this book (besides the cover!!) is that I could connect so deeply with the story. I really understood what Dom was going through and could relate to her struggles (mainly about her struggle with college "crapplications" and finding that first love and boyfriend. Also, how she juggled with deciding on where to go to college and not wanting to disappoint her friends/parents). So yeah I really loved this book.
But even if you couldn't connect with the story as deeply as someone like me you can really enjoy the novel. Pretty much everyone has read Forever by Judy Blume (yes, including me! But I didn't enjoy it...please don't hurt me!) and this novel is compared to that and with good reason. This coming of age novel really puts out there (without beating around the bush) what it's like to fall in love for the first time, and lot's of other scary firsts.
Daria Snadowsky writes about sensitive, and steamy, topics in such a way that you never feel uncomfortable and the book almost turns into a mini-manual which could be called "Falling in Love 101: Everything You Need to Know and Be Aware Of". Okay, I'm getting way ahead of myself.
But seriously! I think a lot of girls should read this so they know what's out there in the real world. What can happen, and how scary all those firsts can be. By the end of the novel, Dom had grown and matured so much and realized maybe it's not all about boys. Friendships and family are important, and will be there for you no matter what.
On top of all that goodness, this was just laugh out loud funny. I was reading at work, and had to stifle my giggles numerous times to keep from getting caught by the boss. And there was so many good quotes too. If you simply type in #anatomyofaboyfriend on Twitter, you'll sort of get the feel of what quotes abound in this novel.
Overall, it was so excellent and is definitely one of my favorites for the year. Huge thank you to Daria Snadowsky for sending me the book to read and review and I've already started the sequel Anatomy of A Single Girl.
See you soon,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena