A blog for young adult book lovers

Book Blogger Confessions #9

Here's what it's all about: "Started in January 2012, by Karen - For What It's Worth & Tiger - Tiger's All Consuming Media & now co-hosted with my good friend Pam from Midnyte reader, Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions.

Just keep it respectful - no bashing authors or other bloggers!"

July 1st Topic: Author interactions. Have you ever emailed an author to tell them you loved/disliked their book? As a book reviewer, do you think we should cross that line? 
Do you mind when authors re-tweet or comment on reviews? Does that intimidate you in any way in regards to review writing, knowing that they may be reading it?
Do author interactions - both pro or con - change how you view their work?

I have emailed multiple authors that I've loved their work. I have never emailed an author saying I didn't like their work. That feels too mean for me. I'm sure some people out there do it, but it's just not for me. Even in real life I'm not that outspoken. 
Do I think we should cross that line? Not really. If you didn't like it, feel free to talk about it on your blog, or wherever (but in a respectful way) and don't bash someone for their work. They probably worked really hard on it, and went through a lot to put their own words out there for you to see. 
I don't mind at all when authors re-tweet or comment on reviews! It makes me feel noticed and if it's a good review, I'm happy to share my thoughts and I'm glad that they took the time to notice my review. Sometimes it intimidates me, though. Especially if I've received for the book for review. 
They do sometimes change how I view their work. It's hard to post a bad review when you know that they'll see it. That's why I typically point out the good stuff, or say that a particular genre or subject just wasn't for me, but I'm sure that others would like it. 
What do you guys think? Leave a comment below and let me know! Or leave a link to your own Book Blogger Confession!
See you soon,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena