A blog for young adult book lovers

Top Ten Tuesday #9

Check out all the info here at The Broke and The Bookish's blog.
February 26: Top Ten Authors that I'd put on my Auto-Buy List (basically an auto-buy list is no questions asked...you love this author so much that no matter what they wrote next you'd buy regardless of genre and subject matter).

1. Simone Elkeles
She's gotta be my all time favorite author, so I'd definitely pick up whatever she is putting out next.
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-Perfect Chemistry
-Rules of Attraction
-Chain Reaction
-Leaving Paradise
-Return to Paradise
(I have yet to read the How to Ruin series)


2. Lisi Harrison
This is a super close second to Simone Elkeles and was really hard to decide between the two but I put Lisi Harrison second since she writes more for younger girls.
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-The Clique series
-The Alphas series
(I have yet to read the Monster High series)



3. Syrie James
Syrie James's pictureOh my goshhh if you have not picked up some of Syrie James' books then go do it. Right now. Seriously go. Her stuff is so amazingly fantastic that I can't even put into words how much I love her books.
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-Forbidden (co written with her son Ryan M. James)
-The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen
-Songbird
-Nocturne
(I have yet to read The Secret Diaries of Charlotte BrontePropositionsDracula, My Love: The Secret Journals of Mina Harker, and The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen)




4. Jen Calonita
She's just awesome!
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-Secrets of My Hollywood Life series
-Reality Check
(I have yet to read the Belles series and Sleepaway Girls)


5. Cecily von Ziegesar
Come on she wrote the whole Gossip Girl series! How can you not love her? I'd definitely pick up anything else she wrote.
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-Gossip Girl series
-The Carlyles series
(I have yet to read Cum Laude)


6. Zoey Dean
Zoey DeanShe also kind of speaks for herself. Her series' are amazing!
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-The A-List series
-The A-List: Hollywood Royalty series
-The Talent series
(I have yet to read How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls and Hollywood Is Like High School with Money)


7. Joanna Philbin
She is such a sweetheart and I loved meeting and talking to her, not to mention her books are so well written. Definitely an auto-buy!
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-The Daughters series
(I have yet to read Rules of Summer...mainly because it doesn't come out until June of this year!)


8. Rachel Hawthorne
Her books are literally short and sweet and I would definitely buy anything else she put out.
Rachel Hawthorne's pictureStuff she wrote and I loved:
-Caribbean Cruising
-Island Girls (and Boys)
-Love on the Lifts
-Thrill Ride
-The Boyfriend League
-Snowed In
-Labor of Love
-Suite Dreams
-A Year in Europe Omnibus
(I have yet to read the Dark Guardian series)


9. Susane Colasanti
Susane Colasanti's pictureHer books are so relatable and just awesome that I'd definitely buy many more of her works.
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-When It Happens
-Take Me There
-Waiting for You
-Something Like Fate
(I have yet to read So Much Closer, Keep Holding On, and All I Need, which comes out in May of this year)


Beth Revis's picture10. Beth Revis
She wrote one of my top favorite books of all time so she definitely deserves a spot on this list and I desperately hope that she writes another series after the Across the Universe series.
Stuff she wrote and I loved:
-Across the Universe
(I REALLY need to get to A Million Suns, and Shades of Earth)


As always, leave a comment below and I'll come check out your list! And make sure to subscribe!
See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. This is a really fabulous list...there are some really fun books on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Beth Revis is next on my to-read list, so you've just made me very excited.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-10-tuesday-my-top-auto-buy-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I checked out your list and I had the exact same thoughts about Agatha Christie! I'm also trying to read through all of her works right now too! Wonderful list thank you for sharing :)

      Delete

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena