A blog for young adult book lovers

Eternal by Virginia Gamsky Hust

Synopsis from Goodreads.comThree hundred years of penance, of suffering through an immortal life has left Maura praying for salvation. She joins a group bent on gaining back their souls by awakening The One and after a rather bleak few years in Cairo she thinks they’ve found him. But after a meeting with her sire goes terribly wrong she is trapped in the enemy camp. How far will she go to survive? 

Gabriel is a normal, if rather jaded private detective living in Seattle Washington, until a beautiful woman shows up at his practice, claiming to be a vampire and asking for his help. Suddenly his life is turned on its head as he is introduced to the underground society of Fallen Angels bent on finding their savior.




Number of pages: 346
My review: Honestly, the one problem I had with this book was that it ended on a cliffhanger! I desperately wanted to know what was going to happen next! (Although the next book is supposed to come out sometime in March...so we'll see)
Anyways, if you love lot's of action and smidges of romance here and there then this is the book for you! It also has vampires and angels, an awesome fight scene, and much, much, more! In the beginning I was a little confused with the characters due to their extravagant names, but I quickly got used to it and was able to fully enjoy the novel without thinking "Wait who was that again?"
The story alternates from Maura and Gabriel's point of view (in the third person) but I found myself wishing to read more and more about Maura because I liked seeing how she dealt with different and difficult situations while being housed in the enemy fortress. Don't get me wrong, I also enjoyed reading about Gabriel's point of view too, where he must come to terms with a high power and his own fate, but Maura spoke to me more (possibly because she was a girl).
I liked the amount of action that went on in this book and how it was intertwined with the vampires who were attempting to understand the prophecy of the higher power. The religious twist on the story was pretty neat (even though, I, myself, am not religious) but it was interesting to see how vampires and angels felt about "The Lord" as they call him, or "The Father."
Overall, a really fantastic read, that I just flew through in a couple of days and I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
See you soon!

P.S. Huge thank you to Ms. Hust for asking me to read and review the book and for sending me a digital copy of it!

1 comments:

  1. followed you follow back this was via goodreads
    http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena