A blog for young adult book lovers

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

Please Ignore Vera DietzSynopsis from Goodreads: Vera’s spent her whole life secretly in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she’s kept a lot of his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined everything.
 
So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, even the police. But will she emerge to clear his name? Does she even want to?
 
Edgy and gripping, Please Ignore Vera Dietz is an unforgettable novel: smart, funny, dramatic, and  lways surprising.

Number of pages: 336
My review: Wow. You know those books that when you're done reading them you kind of just sit there and stare off into space and your mind sort of goes blank? That's what I did after I read this. It was just so profound.
I don't think a book has ever made me cry as much this one did. It was really deep and made me think about all the people out there who have problems that are similar to Vera's and Charlie's. Also, the plot itself was written so beautifully and was so original that I just found myself wanting to devour the book even more. Overall, great read. Like really, really great.
I honestly can't put into words my feelings about this book. It's kind of like Perks of Being a Wallflower except more sad, and more involved with a larger variety of characters.
I think I'll leave this review at that. Seriously go read this. It will probably be on my list of top favorites of 2013 because it was just so excellent. I was pleasantly surprised after reading Ask the Passengers which I didn't really like and then I read this book and it was so excellent. Bottom line: GO READ IT.
See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena