A blog for young adult book lovers

Book Blogger Confessions #5

Here's what it's all about: "Started in January 2012, by Karen - For What It's Worth & Tiger - Tiger's All Consuming Media & now co-hosted with my good friend Pam from Midnyte reader, Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions.

Just keep it respectful - no bashing authors or other bloggers!"

May 6th Topic: Reading challenges: Do you host or join in any? What is your success rate on completing them? Do they keep your reading goals on track, put too many restrictions/pressure on you?  What do you think makes for a successful reading challenge? 



Ahh reading challenges. The thing either you love or you hate. Personally, I love them! I did one for the first time last year and (unfortunately) did not finish due to crazy college application preperation and a lot of crazy stuff going on at the end of the year but it was fun to participate. I like how it tells me exactly how many books I've read this year without wondering "I wonder how many books I've read this year".

I do not host any, and the only one I do do (haha) is the one on Goodreads where you set your own goal. This year I have set a goal of 100 books and currently I am 8 books (or 8%) ahead of schedule! 

Last year when I did the reading challenge for the first time I felt myself scrambling at the end of the year to try and finish quick, short books and that felt wrong to me. So hopefully at the end of this year I won't feel so pressured by that. However, you can opt out at any time so you shouldn't feel too pressured!

I think for a successful reading challenge it should be exactly that; a challenge! Something that makes you work a little harder instead of slogging your way through books. I like the idea of those challenges that require you to read books from different genres but I haven't joined one...yet. Mainly because I need to finish my TBR shelf, which I guess in itself is a challenge, but I digress. Reading challenges are whatever you want them to be. Bend the rules! Make it your own! They're just for fun anyways! And isn't that what we're all here for? To have fun?

See you soon!
P.S. I totally missed the discussion from last week so I didn't realize until now that Google Reader is being disbanded. Can someone explain to me what that means for all of us that use Blogspot? I'm really curious. Thanks everyone! Also leave your thoughts about this topic below too! I love hearing from you guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena