A blog for young adult book lovers

Book Blogger Confessions #4


Here's what it's all about: "Started in January 2012, by Karen - For What It's Worth & Tiger - Tiger's All Consuming Media & now co-hosted with my good friend Pam from Midnyte reader, Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions.

Just keep it respectful - no bashing authors or other bloggers!"

April 15th Topic: How long do you see yourself blogging for? Do you think it's okay for a blog to evolve over time? For example: You may have started out as a book review blog but now your interest is in cooking as well. Do you incorporate that or start over?

I want to address the last question first; I do think it's okay for a blog to evolve over time. No one should feel obligated to continue something they don't enjoy. Most of us aren't being payed to blog so do something you enjoy. And if someone is worried about "losing followers" or something but if your followers like you, then they'll stay and you can always gain new followers in the process of switching topics!

Now the first question; how long do I see myself blogging for? That's an extremely tough question. Right now, as a high school senior, I have a lot of time to devout to reading and blogging, but what will happen next year? I'm moving away from home to go to college, and I have no idea how much time I will have to blog. Sure, I'll try and maybe I will be able to blog....just less. 
The future is always uncertain, so we'll see what happens. 

What about you guys? What do you feel?
See you soon,


3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm currently in college, though graduating this spring, and I can tell you I don't have much time to blog or read! other than for my classes. But it guess it all depends on the person and if they can manage their time.
    Good luck at college :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's a good idea to be afraid to change b/c you may lose followers. If you are not enjoying what you are doing or are getting stagnant, you certainly won't grow.

    It *is* tough to try to determine how long you'll be blogging. It's not like any of us signed a contract. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - blogging is a hobby and you should follow your passions. If you move from reading and lose followers then you will pick up new ones as you said.

    love your answer!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena