A blog for young adult book lovers

The Storyteller's Daughter by Cameron Dokey

book cover of 
The Storyteller's Daughter 
 (Once Upon a Time)
by
Cameron Dokey
Read a synopsis here!
Number of pages: 218
Out of all the OUT books that I've read, this is my least favorite. It wasn't as predictable as the others but it was so confusing in the beginning!
The character names confused me so I didn't know who was who, and it wasn't until the end of the story that I started recognizing which character was which, when they were talked about. I also was confused by the line of events. Other stories are interwoven into some chapters and that really confused me because I wasn't sure what was real life and what wasn't for the first few stories.
It was a good book, but I think at least a character list would have really helped me out a lot. This is a retelling of The Arabian Knights or A Thousand and One Nights and I've never read that, so that could be why it was so confusing but still. It's never pleasant to not understand what's going on in a story.
I won't be giving this book a Paige-Turn but I might later if I go back and read it at a later date.
See you soon!
-Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena