A blog for young adult book lovers

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

book cover of 
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares 
(Dash and Lily's Book of Dares) 
 (Dash and Lily)
by
Rachel Cohn and 
David Levithan
Read a synopsis here!
Number of pages: 260
This book is amazing. Simply amazing. I loved the characters and all their quirks and flaws and the setting (gotta love New York!) Also they reference The Strand a lot (which is where I plan to go one day when I visit New York again.) If you don't know what The Strand is then you're not a true book lover. Sorry!
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard over a book. This book is incredibly funny. Especially in the beginning. Normally, I don't share what I'm reading with people but I just had to read a couple passages to my family because they were so funny.
Despite all the random quirks and funks of the characters I could really relate to them! This was really cool because after awhile you wish you were Dash or Lily and that you had someone that you could swap a notebook with.
The entire story pulls at your heartstrings and you are rooting for the characters at the very beginning. This book also took a lot of twists and turns that I wasn't expecting which was great!
As usual, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have a very refreshing use of dialog and language which really appeals to teens. (Did you know that Ms. Cohn wrote Lily's chapters and Mr. Levithan wrote Dash's? Isn't that too cool, and then they switched back and forth? Brilliant.)
This is going on my Favorites Shelf and as you can already tell it's a Paige-Turner. I can't wait to read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist next.
See you soon!
-Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena