A blog for young adult book lovers

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Synopsis: My name is Katniss Everdeen.
Why am I not dead?
I should be dead.


Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans--except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.

Release Date: August 24th, 2010
Number of pages: 390

My review: What is life right now. I'm at a complete loss of words. 

I ended up finishing this in a little under 3 hours. I just could NOT put it down. I've had sort of a weird run through with The Hunger Games series. When I read the first one I didn't like it that much (namely because a lot of my friends were pressuring me to read it). But then I read Catching Fire and absolutely LOVED it (and loved the movie!) and Katniss really began to grow on me as a character. 

Mockingjay, to me, was like the perfect ending. A lot of people said they didn't like it, but I think it was amazing. It wasn't a typical perfect storybook ending, it was a Hunger Games ending where there was enough happiness and destruction to make it feel real.

Katniss has definitely become my all-time favorite heroine. She is simply amazing. Of course, she has her blunders here and there but what she goes through is incredible for someone her age and the fact that she can rise against everything and become this symbol for her people shows an immense amount of strength and adversity.

Anyways, Mockingjay had it all! Suspense, plot twists, and the not so perfect ending that turned out to be perfect after all. Everything just worked for me. Well, not everything because there were certainly some moments where I got a little teary eyed. 

I am sad to see the series end, but I look forward to the Mockingjay movies with bated breath. Hopefully, they will be as amazing as Catching Fire was. Go Katniss!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena