A blog for young adult book lovers

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink


Read a synopsis here!
Number of pages: 343
So, I know this book was on my "To Read list of 2013" but I just couldn't get through it. I got to about page 60 or so and just gave up. I actually put off writing this review for awhile because I thought what's the point? I didn't like it. But I digress.
 I was waiting for it to get a lot more fast paced and for something to actually happen but nothing did. Perhaps I should have given it a few more pages but I just couldn't bear to continue on. I felt the characters weren't described well along with the setting, and I never like books that start out in the middle of an event happening. In this case, the twin girls' fathers funeral. That always confuses me.
This book was definitely a lot darker than I expected it to be. If I could summarize it in one word I think it would be gothic.
One of the good points was that it was a historical fiction novel (which I'm always looking for more of) but other than that I just couldn't get into it. Some of the characters (whose names I can't even remember because they weren't all that memorable) plain creeped me out. Which is good, I guess, but it was the sort of creep out that makes you not want to read a book and shove it in a corner where you won't have to try again until a much later date when you discover the novel in the back recesses of a shelf or cabinet. 
Will I try reading this again? Maybe during Halloween next year when I'm in sort of a creepy/spooky mood but not for awhile. It was just too weird for me. 
The style of this book sort of reminds me of Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves so I guess if you liked or disliked that book it will give you a good indication of whether or not you will like or dislike this one. (As you may recall I did NOT like Slice of Cherry and also gave up about 60 or so pages in)
See you soon!
Paige
P.S. I do like the cover though. It's very beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena