A blog for young adult book lovers

Fallen by Lauren Kate

book cover of 

Fallen 

 (Fallen, book 1)

by

Lauren Kate
Read a synopsis here!
Number of pages: 452
This book was...amazing!!! I seriously had my doubts about it, and I'm not really sure why. The story was fantastic! A lot of people think that it's really similar to Twilight but I didn't think they were THAT similar. Twilight does not set the precedent for a book where a girl does not believe a boy is not mortal/human. I'm like 99% positive there were books like that before Twilight came out (Actually I'm 100% sure of it because the Night World series and Vampire Diaries series were written before Twilight, in the 90's so ha!).
Anyways, staying on topic, Fallen was great! And it ended on a total cliff-hanger! I can't wait to go out and buy Torment so I can see what happens next.
So, in Fallen, Luce is sent to a reform school which is really strict, but all the kids get away with doing things that are against the rules anyways (sneaking out of school grounds, holding parties, sneaking in forbidden contraband like food and electronics). So Luce befriends one of the craziest most bizarre girls, Arriane, and a girl that she can really relate too, Penn. Luce's love interest include Daniel who she really likes but he is extremely mysterious with her and sends lot's of conflicting signals. A boy that genuinely shows interest in her is Cam, whom Luce can't decide if she likes or not because of Daniel (yes this story has a slight love triangle but it's not too over the top). The characters were all boat loads of fun too. All of them had so many different quirks and such different personalities that they all meshed together somehow and it worked. The end of the story may have you reaching for some tissues...(I really want to tell you guys!!! Go read this and see what I'm talking about!!!)
Anyways, there are a lot of circumstances that lead too Luce trying to find out more about Daniel and this is how she gets herself in some deep trouble. I don't want to say too much more for fear of spoiling it but there was tons of twists and turns in this story and just when you though one thing was going to go one way...BOOM! It totally veers off in another direction! Very exciting read!
Like I said before it also ended on a cliff-hanger so reading the next book will be a must for me. I can't wait to see how things get resolved. This book had tons of action, romance, twists, and overall just bad ass fun! I hope the next books follow that same pattern too!
Definitely one of my all time favorite books!! (I also like that this isn't about vampires it's about...well you can figure that out on your own too once you read the book!)
See you soon!
Paige

5 comments:

  1. Hi Paige! I have been on the fence about this book too. After reading your review, I think I will give it a try. Thanks for posting!
    (I am following your blog!)

    Find me @ www.readbetweenthecovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'm now following your blog too! :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE this whole series!!!

    I'm a new follower from GoodReads. I would love a follow back at
    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paige Turner,
    This book I've been on my list for a very long time and thanks to your review i will read it soon...
    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena