A blog for young adult book lovers

A Veiled Deception by Annette Blair

book cover of 
A Veiled Deception 
 (Vintage Magic Mystery, book 1)
by
Annette Blair
Read a synopsis here!
This is not one of my usual YA book reviews. I took a break from YA to read one of my cozy mysteries that I've had waiting on my shelf for me for...forever it seems!
First off let me just say that this cover is adorable!!! The cover is really the reason I bought the book in the first place. I was at my used bookstore saw this and thought I have to have it! And it was a steal at $4.00 so how could I pass it up? (I also got books 2 and 3 in the series too!)
So the story itself was....okay. Good not great. I would recommend this but I've enjoyed other cozy mystery books a lot more. However this cozy mystery is also a lot better than other one's I've read so it sort of falls in the middle category of average.
Maddie is our main character and she can see ghosts and talk to some of them. She sees the ghosts by touching pieces of vintage clothing and fabric. When there is a murder in her home, her supernatural ability helps her put the pieces together of the murder.
I liked the supernatural take on this story because it took something that could possibly never happen and put it into a cozy mystery, something I've never seen before! But I liked it! It's called fiction for a reason! Give it a fantastic element!
I will be reading the next 2 books in the series because I already own them but I probably won't continue on from there. This book can be read as a stand alone because it doesn't have some cliff hanger ending where you have to rush out and buy the next book.
Like I said before; good not great! See you soon!
Paige

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright: The Paige-Turner. Powered by Blogger.

© The Paige Turner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena